Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 08:23:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frankd@gator.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0, OpenSSL and MD5

I just received my 4.0 cd's and installed a new system.  One of the first
things I do is install rsaref and OpenSSH from ports.  I get the message
that OpenSSH is in the base system now and the ports fails.

After searching for the binaries, reading the mailing list archives and
the handbook I found out that I must install the DES crypto distribution
to get OpenSSL and OpenSSH.  Is there an easy a way to install these and
keep MD5 passwords?  I have to remain compatible with other installed
system on the network.

BTW, the message generated when the port fails points to the wrong chapter
in the handbook.  The handbook tells how to get the international version
and install it as a package but says nothing about installing the US
version after the fact.

Thanks,
Frank
--
Only in America can a homeless veteran sleep in a cardboard box while a
draft dodger sleeps in the White House - anonymous