Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2006 12:28:19 +0200
From:      Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@ze.tum.de>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSDstats Project v2.0 ...

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 12:42:27AM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>=20
> I've now committed v2.0 of the 300.statistics periodic script ... this on=
e=20
> adds the device reporting that we'd talked about previously, and the=20
> summary reports now reflect the driver(s) in use for those deciding to=20
> report ...
>=20
> This Phase of the script is optional, and not enabled by default ... I=20
> can't think of any reason why you wouldn't want to report it, but just in=
=20
> case someone feels it poses a problem, its an opt-in report ...
>=20
> pkg-message updated to reflect the extra line you need to add to=20
> /etc/periodic.conf:
>=20
>         monthly_statistics_report_devices=3Dyes
>=20
> I've written it to report driver + chip=3D information from pciconf -l,=
=20
> since even pciconf -lv doesn't seem to use card=3D ... the summary report=
=20
> will be extended next to show both vendor and chip statistics ...

Only out of curiosity. What kind of webserver have you. If only a part of=
=20
the FreeBSD Users install your script and it got executed at the same time,=
=20
this will get an awfull lot of load for your server.=20

Bye=20
	Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | EMail: estartu@augusta.de          |  on request=20
Germany            | 					| =20

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1--