Date:      Tue, 20 May 2003 09:09:02 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mikael_L=F6nnqvist?= <Mikael.Lonnqvist@qbranch.se>
To:        "HarryH" <forHarryH@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 4.7 vs 4.8

Hi Harry,
I would go for 4.8 if I where you. Don't know exactly what's in the
Additional CD's for 4.7, I seem to remember that it was 3 CD's just as =
for
4.8 (have them both installed) ?. It might be a replica of the ports =
skeleton,=20
But you will get all you need with 4.8...

You should read the documentation, the handbook for instructions on how =
Upgrade ports, of for that matter the OS itself,, if that's what you =
planning to do

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/synching.html

Just go for 4.8 and take it from there,,,

Best rgs from another Newbie
/Mikael=20