Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:28:10 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman@gmail.com>
Cc:        vbox@freebsd.org, Karol Barski <karol@barski.eu>
Subject:   Re: Building on Freebsd-10.0

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 2:15 AM, Sam Fourman Jr. <sfourman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2013 8:51 PM, "Karol Barski" <karol@barski.eu> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've tried to build emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions port on
>> FreeBSD-10.0-BETA2 with no success.
>> After while of searching I found out that problem is that virtualbox links
>> to libsupc++ and in FreeBSD default std C++ library used in libcxxrt.
>>
>> In attachement You can find corrected Makefile which solved situation for
>> me.
>>
>> Basically in post-patch target in makefile I'm replacing of supc++ to
> cxxrt
>> for makefiles in worktree which linked it when OSVERSION is greater than
>> 10000000.
>> I have tested this only on FreeBSD-10.0-BETA1 and FreeBSD-10.0-BETA2.

>> .if ${OSVERSION} > 1000000
>> @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's|supc\+\+|cxxrt|' ${WRKSRC}/Config.kmk \
>>  ${WRKSRC}/src/VBox/Additions/x11/VBoxClient/Makefile.kmk
>> .endif
>>

> Just for refrence, I have the same issues on HEAD and 10.x I can't get vbox
> in a usable state, even on a fresh install.
> It seems vbox is completley broken on anything that isn't 9.2

That is true to some degree. I try to keep vbox compile properly on 10 but since
I do not have a proper 10 box to really do runtime testing it stays as
it is unless
I migrate my laptop to 10 or someone other steps up to look into the issues.

It is a chicken and egg problem and the only way to solve that is by
volunteering
or at least helping with _proper_ bug reports. Up to now the only bugreports for
10 that I have are too less technical that anyone could look deepter
into it without
reproducing it.

--
Bernhard Froehlich