Date:      Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:18:32 -0500
From:      Craig Boston <craig@xfoil.gank.org>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with OpenBSD dhclient

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:58:51AM -0700, Brooks Davis wrote:
> I'm seeing this as well.  I think we're going to need to handle wireless
> and wired interfaces differently since their links work differently.

If anything, please PLEEEEEASE make it possible to disable this behavior
for ALL interface types.

There's nothing more annoying (to me) than unplugging a Windows 2000
machine for half a second to reroute or swap a network cable, then
finding that all the open connections were terminated because it briefly
lost its IP address.

With FreeBSD 4.x and 5.x and probably many others, it's no problem -- as
long as everything is back before the TCP retry timeout it will happily
continue as if nothing happened.

Craig