Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:37:49 +0100 (MET)
From:      Emmanuel DELOGET <pixel@DotCom.FR>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Hackers Mail List)
Subject:   TEXT_SET() macro

[Sorry to disturb you - the third - 2.2.8 user (helas !)]

I'm very impressed by inline asm directives. But as I never
worked with the AT&T asm syntax, I feel really bad when I
find one in the body of a macro. I suppose that the
.stabs directive in the MAKE_SET/TEXT_SET macro introduce
a stripable symbol, but I may be wrong. Could someone tell
me the truth about this ? [thanx, the first].

In addition, could someone tell me what is the purpose of the
MAKE_SET/TEXT_SET macro ? I understand that they declare
a :
	static void const * const __set_sss_sym_yyy = &yyy;
	asm (".stabs \"_sss\", ttt, 0, 0, _yyy")

But I don't understand the purpose of this. [thanx, the
secondth].