Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:29:03 +1000
From:      David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
Cc:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: termcap question

> 	Hmmm, the linux and linux-nocolor were pulled from my friend's
> Linux machine and someone else said FreeBSD needs a vt220 termcap also.

No, FreeBSD's vt220 works fine. I use it quite often.

Of course, it may depend on which emulator you're using. :-)
Some of them are pretty awful. ckermit's vt220 is about the
best I've ever seen though.

The problem with pulling termcap entries from other operating
systems, though, is the question of compatiblity. It'd be
nice if all termcaps were equal, but that doesn't agree with
my experience. As usual, YYMV.

David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@freebsd.org davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn/