Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 13:24:29 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Please make my life easier!

Hi,

I'm doing way too much hand-holding and not near enough coding these days.
I get about 5 SMP related email problems in my private e-mail for every one
that goes to the official freeBSD SMP list.

 - Send ALL problem reports to smp@freebsd.org.
	DON'T cc me, I follow the smp list closely and don't need all the
	dups.  After the initial report, I will take it offline if
	appropriate.

 - People need to jump in and start helping to diagnose failing systems.
	Its not rocket science, I know there are others out there capable
	of taking some of this load off my shoulders.

 - We need a method to organize information about the user machine base.
	It would be nice if people could be assigned a "contact number"
	by which all the info about their machines could be stored.  This
	would include their mptable and a hardware description file(s).
	People send me an mptable, then 3 months later encounter a problem,
	but its heck to go back and find the info easily.  The best solution
	would place this info on the web page so that others could access
	it when necessary.  Any suggests/help on this item would be
	appreciated!
--
Steve Passe	| powered by