Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:02:07 -0500
From:      Brian Dean <bsd@bsdhome.com>
To:        John De Boskey <jwd@bsdwins.com>
Cc:        Arch List <freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Comments on kern/32106 (MAXSHELLCMDLEN increase)

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 08:31:06PM -0500, John De Boskey wrote:

> 3 small patches can be found at:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jwd/execve/execve.patch
>
> and are included below. Please let me know if you see
> any major problems.
>
> -John

Looks ok to me.

The only thing that I can think of that may be of concern is
increasing the command length results in additional kernel stack space
being required, which is probably why it is fairly small to begin
with.  The PR had 512 which is probably way too much for a stack
allocated variable.  Making this variable allocate dynamic storage is
probably not a good idea either for performance reasons.  While
increasing to 128 adds an additional 64 bytes to what is already
required, it seems like a reasonable compromise.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
bsd@FreeBSD.org