Date:      Wed, 1 May 2002 01:08:32 +0000
From:      fictif <fictif@mysticjah.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS Trouble : no replies from portmap

I use NFS on 2 hosts.

The first is running FreeBSD 4.4 (not upgraded) (A)
The second runs FBSD 4.5 (not upgraded). (B)

On the B machine I can mount the part of the A machine

but the B machine cant be mounted on the A machine because of a ' NFSPROC_NULL: RPC: Timed out ' error. Indeed, on the B host : I have
'portmap[10261]: connect from 217.128.180.74 to getport(nfs)
server: about to do a switch'
every time I try to mount from the A host. I should get a 'mountd successful' after this ... =(

Maybe it has nothing to do with Versions of FBSD but I just can't understand why the portmap of the B machine doesn't reply ...

portmap is not wrapped through hosts.access and no firewall are blocking pakets

on the B host, I run the usual rpc services
B# rpcinfo -p
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper