Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:07:08 -0400
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Andrew J Caines" <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FBSD built in DHCP client

Thanks for your reply.
I am using the DHCP client that is built in to the FBSD base release.
I do not have the ISC-DHCP port installed.

I launch  dhcp by   ifconfig_rl0="DHCP"   in /etc/rc.conf

How do I stop and restart this form of the DHCP client.

In syslog.conf I have
*.notice;security.warning		        /dev/console

This worked in version 4.5 displaying the log messages to the console
and in version 4.6 they stopped coming out,  why?