Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 1995 00:14:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Colorado Jumbo 250MB ft, and FreeBSD 2.0R

> As Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> >
> > > I submitted a patch some time ago but nobody committed it. ...
> >
> > I have tested the patch here, and it is sitting in my tree ready for commit,
> > I am waiting on Joerg Wunsch to finish his review of it (since I only
> > had a drive to test with for a short time, and only one model of drive
> > I felt it best to get a second review before commiting).
>
> Sorry for not getting back on this... My old test machine crashed by
> the weekend.
>
> Unfortunately, it looks that my old (& cheap) Insight tape drive is
> disfunctional.  So all i could do is to have a look at the patch (and
> it looks ok), without being able to actually test it with a floppy
> tape drive.
>
> Rod, go and commit it.  I hope there are some other people with ft
> drives around who can finally test them, perhaps with the next snap
> release.

Okay, unless some one steps forward as an alternate ft driver change
tester by tomarrow I will commit what I have to the tree.  It has
been tested on the Colorado 250 only, the changes are rather small
so I can send anyone who would be willing to test this a patch.

> > > The fix within ft to avoid the messages works, but the correct way to
> > > remove them is to get them out of the fd driver in the first place. ...
> >
> > Some one from the fdc driver camp care to comment about this?
>
> It's the topmost entry in my TODO list.  I'm just sitting and wait for
> Rod to commit his changes.

This commit will be done one way or the other by 23:59 PST Apr 5th.

> I promise 2.1 will not complain too much about ``ready for output in
> input''... :)

:-)