Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:06:28 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        matteotti <carloma@bluewin.ch>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")

I have the same problem with my laptop. I have found the following workaround
to make the card work:

1. boot with the card inserted.
2. When the message "No card in database" appears, remove the card.
3. shutdown and power off.
4. insert the card
5. power on and boot.

FreeBSD should recognice the card now (at least in my laptop it does).
I dont know why this happens, or why the workaround works, but this solves
the problem.

Hope this helps.

			Fer