Date:      Mon, 07 Aug 2000 23:20:41 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        marcel@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what is the correct invocation of config so that module  dependencies..

Matthew Jacob wrote:

> I have /tstsys as a real directory.
>
> It turns out that /usr/src/sys is indeed  a symlink to /space/sys,
>
> But /tstsys is still referring to things from /usr/src/sys (realpath,
> /space/sys). Broken.

I have a tendancy to stay with defaults because if anything like that
is going to happen, they try it on me first. I hadn't seen anything
like that. Looks like they have a hard link somewhere and Murphy got
you instead :). The only thing I tried was linking src/ and obj/ to
different HD's to see if concurrent I/O made any difference. The time
it saved was just about the time it took to set up the links and
produced a net zero savings.

Kent