Date:      Sun, 05 Nov 2000 22:04:01 +0200
From:      Noor Dawod <noor@comrax.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hardware RAID-1 support under FreeBSD

Hello all,

I've been reading the archives regarding hardware RAID-1 support under
FreeBSD. Unfortunately, I didn't get clear answers and recommendations
about certain hardware that work well with FreeBSD. Mostly, the people
who replied suggested to use vinum to add RAID-1 support.

If I understand right, vinum is a software RAID-1 solution, and this is
not the type of solution I am looking for. You may want to suggest it,
but I must have a hardware solution.

So, if you folks can help me out and tell me brands/makers of supported
RAID-1 hardware for FreeBSD, I'll appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Noor