Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:30:25 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Thinkpad 600 Locks during install:solved

Thinkpad 600 w/ 128 Ram locks after pnp probe, sometimes beeps, sometimes
not. I removed 64 megs of ram and I was able to continue the device
probings, just posting this so it'll be in the archives..

Thanks

Hello,
	Has anyone tried to install 3.2 on an IBM Thinkpad 600? I've tied the PAO
floppies and 3.2 but the system locks up during the Pnp Probe. There are no
options to disable Pnp in the bios, so is there a work around?  I can get
into the configuration editor, but I didn't see anything about device pnp.
Is there an boot -nopnp option or something to that effect??

Thanks..

Jonathan E. Lyons
parrothd@midwest.net			Nucleus Consulting
ICQ # 14226912				www.nucleusconsulting.com
Cell # 773-251-1967			A+, MCSE, CCNA, FreeBSD!
Pager # 7732511967@mobile.att.net