Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 09:34:26 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
To:        Reifenberger Michael <Michael.Reifenberger.gp@icn.siemens.de>
Cc:        "'Bruce Evans'" <bde@zeta.org.au>, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AW: Oracle8.1.6/Linux inst prob (Is JRE prob).

Reifenberger Michael wrote:

> that reminds me that after calling the installer I also see a 'sigaltstack:
> Nicht genügend Hauptspeicher verfügbar'
> (translates to ...not enough mainmemory avaiable)
> Could it be a problem in the linuxerator since I expect the Installer to be
> tested and working und native Linux.

Yes. The problem is related to MINSIGSTKSZ. We have 8K as the minimum.
Linux has a lower minimum. Linux binaries (on FreeBSD) therefore request
too less a stack size if they depend on MINSIGSTKSZ. There's no good
workaround for this at the moment; at least, not that I know of :-)

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org