Date:      Thu, 30 May 1996 13:45:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        ccordero@silicon.csci.csusb.edu, Marc <mspittle@csusb.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: notebook computers

On Thu, 30 May 1996, Marc wrote:

> I am a computer science major at California State University San
> Bernardino, and I recently came accross your product on the internet.  I
> have both a notebook and a desktop computer, but due to disk space
> (almost full on the desktop) I would like to install it on the notebook.
>  My question is: will FreeBSD interfere with my PCMCIA(on which I have my
> modem) port drivers, which are in DOS?

FreeBSD can use your PCMCIA ports.  The only problem we've had is that if
you use Card Services under DOS it'll reassign the card's resources and
you'll have to set them back for FreeBSD to find them.  I'm not aware of
the current state of the PCCARD drivers, if they support automatic
configuration yet.

> Please respond to: ccordero.silicon.csci.csusb.edu

That's not an email address, hopefully this will get through.