Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:15:29 +0800
From:      David Xu <yfxu@corp.netease.com>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Cc:        Michael Vince <mv@roq.com>, Sven Petai <hadara@bsd.ee>, Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: mysql performance on 4 * dualcore opteron

=D4=DA Thursday 06 April 2006 17:12=A3=ACMichael Vince =D0=B4=B5=C0=A3=BA

> I have also done benchmarking with libthr against Apache using 'ab' and=20
> found it can deliver an extra amount of megabytes/sec of data (I think=20
> it was about an extra 2000/requests sec) at the cost of giving the=20
> server from what I remember almost double the 'average load' according=20
> to 'top'
> Given that if your machine has nothing else to do but deliver data=20
> purely from Apache then even libthr is more worth while for Apache as wel=
l.
>=20
> Mike

libpthread default uses M:N threads which means a thread  may be on
userland scheduler's run queue, and FreeBSD kernel does not know,=20
so it will be not shown on average load, default system tools are not
very useful here.

David Xu