Date:      Sun, 6 Dec 2015 18:12:28 -0600
From:      John Aten <welcome.to.eye.o.rama@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Virtual Box VM fails to boot FreeBSD installer

Hello everyone,

Another virtualization problem: I tried installing FreeBSD 10.2 STABLE =
for Amd64 into a Virtual Box (version 4.3.30 on Mac OSX 10.6.8), and ran =
into trouble. I have had the same problem with both dvd and cd images. =
The checksums matched, but neither image can boot the installer, giving =

/boot/kernel/kernel text=3D0xfc7f48
readin failed

elf64_loadimage: read failed
can't load file '/boot/kernel/kernel': input/output error
Error while including /boot/menu.rc, in the line:
menu-display
/
Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt.
Booting [/boot/kernel/kernel]...
/boot/kernel/kernel text=3D0xfc7f48
readin failed

elf64_loadimage: read failed
can't load 'kernel'

This is the message given by the CD image; I am pretty sure the DVD gave =
the same errors, but I have since deleted the dvd image. I have looked =
around online, and haven't been able to find anything on this. I have =
tried different settings for the VM, and get the same thing.=20

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

John=