Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 14:44:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
To:        John Mastrolia <jmastrol@Mcs.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.5 install difficulties

> The problem:  the cbb port does not behave properly and even crashes, though
> it was installed from the distribution CD at install time.  This sends me
> into the pkg realm, scrambling for the approrpiate packages to update for the
> app to work as expected.
I had problems with cbb as well.  First, whenever I installed it form
ftp.freebsd.org, it would never see that perl5.00402 (I think?) was
required and so it never installed it.  I finally was able to get it from
one of the main servers and it installed perl as well.  However, the
installation program apparently did not catch the location of wish4.2
(also required) so it would never run.  I unzipped and untar'ed the file
and looked at the master copy and saw it needed wish4.2 in the opening
line, so I put that in.  It seems to be working so far.

Jonathan Fosburgh, wotan@scientist.com , University of Houston Geophysics
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/1498

FreeBSD: Turning PCs into Workstations
http://www.freebsd.org
                     We shall not cease from exploration,
                And the end of our exploring shall be to arrive
            Where we started from, and know the place for the first time.
                       --T.S. Eliot, The Four Quartets