Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2001 23:43:48 -0400
From:      Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Advocacy <advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BSD, .Net comments - any reponse to this reasoning?

I'm sure the threat of having his precious company dissected into little
pieces didn't hurt his motivation to give either.  I certainly believe that
a lot of the motivation for the anti-trust case against Microsoft is the
way Bill Gates is perceived--as a controlling, greedy dictator with the
worst elements of Scrooge and Napoleon all rolled into one.  In a world
where we were accustomed to our barons being born of the oil and steel
industries, it was hard to understand how some nerd writing and selling
software could suddenly become the world's richest man.

--Chip Morton