Date:      Wed, 14 May 2003 10:11:42 -0500
From:      Jesus Cash <jesuscash@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yahoo!!!

That's another thing, the community here is really learned as well as
really helpful. While I am new I have not run into the elitist snobs
that often occupy the Linux groups. I was having issues with GDM after
doing a fresh install and CVSUPing the latest port tree. I posted
something to the -Gnome group and found some one was having a similar
problem. In a couple days there was an update to the GDM2 port tree
while had a fixed make file and a patch. Get that kind of instant
gratification from M$? Nope. Get the ability to practice and learn an OS
that is or like the OSes used on many servers with M$? Nope... w00t to
FreeBSD

-B

(I've noticed that the -Newbies group might as well be part of the
-Advocacy list :P)