Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:31:49 -0700
From:      "j w" <jwdevel@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem updating to 7.2

I tried reinstalling everything font-related, but no luck.
However - I did find out what was wrong afterall.

For some reason (no idea why) all the fonts in
/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc were these 20-byte 'junk' files.
I gunzip'ed them and they turned into 0-byte pcf files.
hence mkfontdir didn't list them as real fonts.
But the ports thought the files where there, so didn't update them.

So what I did was movethat whole fonts directory, then do a
distclean and re-install of all the font-related packages.
That put the correct files in X11/fonts, and I got X running.

Now I just need to reinstall xfce,firefox,etc,etc to get back to 'normal' (:

Thanks,
John