Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 19:46:47 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Gary Kline" <kline@tao.thought.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to submit port updates (Re: ports/18502: Mutt is now at 1.2)

From: "Gary Kline" <kline@tao.thought.org>
> According to Scot W. Hetzel:

Patrick Seal sugested another way to insert the patch.  I have amended the
procedure as follows:

> > 1. Make a copy of the original port (muuz)
> >
> >     cp -rp muuz muuz.orig
> >
> > 2. Make changes to port (muuz)
> >
> > 3. Create a diff between the original and the changed version.
> >
> >     diff -ruN muuz.orig muuz > muuz.patch
> >
> > 4. Use send-pr to create Problem Report

5. Move to the end of the PR (after 'Fix:') and insert your patch (vi
command) (As sugested by Patrick Seal)

:r muuz.patch

6. Quit out of the editor (vi), you'll then be asked to send, edit or abort
the PR.

> > 9. Use send to submit your PR
> >
> > There's probably an easier way to generate and submit the PR, but I am
not
> > sure what the vi command is to insert text from a file.
> >

> Thank you; this fits exactly:: a cookbook-style howto.  Once
> I've done this procedure a few times the edges (reasons, whys,
> and wherefores) will become clear.

Scot