Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 1999 15:09:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joss Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
To:        Agent Drek <drek@MonsterByMistake.Com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patient Monitoring

hi there,

> Agent Drek <drek@MonsterByMistake.Com> wrote:
> Just been kinda watching this thread. So my
> apologies if this misses the

NOT AT ALL, All input, especially positive ones
like yours are highly appreciated.

> mark :) I have never done serial port
> programming but I would suspect that
> I/O to your device would end up being the
> simplest part of your app.

I certainly HOPE SO.

> Why not start prototyping your app with python.
> I've being using python on
> FreeBSD and I love it!

Many people have recommended python before
for many tasks, I know nothing about it,
I was thinking of good old C, but I should
maintain broad-mindedness, and will look into
python, any specific reason fot that,
for example, easier to build/maintain apps
easier GUI building, more robustness, etc ??

>There's a nice wrapper
> for Tk called Tkinter that you
> can you to put a front end on it and a whole
> bunch of database interfaces

TK is very nice looking interface, I have been
using TKRat for mail for sometime, and it rocks.
Database, that's the difficult part under FreeBSD
see, I used to do some very nice things with
Visual Basic & MS-Access, they were  really good
stuff, fast, clean, very flexible, expandible.
have not found suitable alternative combination
yet under unix, but I am sure there is out there.

http://x32.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=515106896&CONTEXT=942183969.1138884624&hitnum=6

http://x44.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=522492908&CONTEXT=942184189.95027202&hitnum=17

> good luck,
>
> 	=derek
>
> Monster By Mistake Inc > 'digital plumber'
> mailto:drek@monsterbymistake.com
> http://www.interlog.com/~drek

Thanks for the link and the real sincerity.

=====
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.