Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 17:04:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   news stuff...

I read news once in a while with pine and its kinda slow. I was thinking
that one might be able to install a news daemon (is that right?) and when
this machine normally connects to get mail a few times a day via cron
have some news daemon scoop the lastest articles in groups that Ive
subscribed to.

Is this a valid way to get news articles? Seems to me be easier to do
than staying online for half-hour or longer just to read some articles.

Thanks.
Kwoody@citytel.net