Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:01:30 +0200
From:      Ar-NaHud <arno.roc@libertysurf.fr>
To:        trevor@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: pd-0.35.23

hi ! I enjoy running PureData on my FreeBsd4,8 but i have a problem :

i don't know if you have really the time to answer stupid questions
from a frenchie ( yes my english is bad ) but that would be great if
you could help me, i can't find a solution exploring the newsgroups.

  when i run the testtone.pd patch, for example, there is an output on
the VUmeters of PD but nothing from my soundcard.
i have this message with dmesg :

  /...../
pcm0: <Intel 82801AA (ICH)> port 0xf400-0xf43f,0xf000-0xf0ff irq 10 at
device 31.5 on pci0
/....../
pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

this is strange because in other applications i can listen to mp3 for
example.
i run puredata by simply typing pd, i tried to add :" -soundout dev 0"
but it changed nothing

thank you