Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:14:22 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sendmail_enable NONE

From: "Coleman Kane" <cokane@one.net>
> I agree with this, as a user of qmail I really dislike having to forcibly
> disable all sendmail daemons by hand (I think the count is up to four). It
> would be nice if NO_SENDMAIL in the make.conf would translate over when
> building etc/defaults/rc.conf.
>
> --
> coleman
>
> Thus spoke Holt Grendal <holtor@yahoo.com>, and it was proclaimed:
>
> > Does anyone know when this will be MFC'd?
> >
> > I saw the patch a day or two ago but no MFC yet.
> >
> > Darn sendmail trash..shouldn't all of these
> > things default to NO for being enabled anyway?
> >
> > Atleast I could have sworn thats how it was some
> > time ago.

I don't even know why people are making such an issue out of this, as all
that is required is to properly configure /etc/mailer.conf for your MTA, and
then set /etc/rc.conf up properly:

sendmail_enable=YES
sendmail_flags="-bd -q30m"    # Change to the old default MTA flags or flags
for specific MTA
sendmail_outbound_enable=NO
sendmail_msp_queue_enable=NO
sendmail_submit_enable=NO