Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2017 15:50:43 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <arch@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org" <embedded@freebsd.org>,  Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Coming move of files (src/sys/boot/fdt/dts -> src/sys/dts and then src/sys/boot -> src/stand)

Greetings,

The subject line says it all...

I plan on moving src/sys/boot to src/stand since it isn't part of the
kernel (though it uses parts of the kernel, like user land uses parts of
the kernel). It's built with buildworld, and more properly belongs there,
but none of the existing top-level directories fit the bill.

There's one exception, however. sys/boot/fdt/dts contains the DTS sources
for a bunch of embedded boards. This needs to remain in the kernel because
some kernels attach DTS files statically to the final image. I propose this
land in src/sys/dts.

Of course, all references to the old paths will be migrated to new paths.

I'd expect to move this before we import lua boot, and that lua would thus
wind up in src/contrib.

Comments?

Warner