Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:37:13 -0700
From:      "Daniel F. Zucker" <dazucker@pacbell.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'dazucker@pacbell.net'" <dazucker@pacbell.net>
Subject:   Can't get aliasing to work for sendmail

Hi,

I have 1 machine that I use for email, web, etc.  In the DNS table, the =
machine is known as zookware.com, and is CNAME'ed to www.zookware.com =
and mail.zookware.com.  It thinks its own name is www.zookware.com.  I =
would like to configure it to receive mail for me@zookware.com.

When I put zookware.com as an alias entry (DMzookware.com) in =
sendmail.cf, I get this error :

SYSERR(root):  zookware.com. config error:  mail loops back to me (MX =
problem?)

when I receive mail.

But, when I put zookware.com in the file /etc/mail/sendmail.cw it works =
correctly.

I would like to use masquerading if at all possible.  Can someone please =
tell me why this doesn't work?

Thanks,
Dan