Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:55:56 +0100
From:      Per Tore Larsen <per.tore.larsen@fernonorden.com>
To:        'Vanwaesberghe Werner' <werner.vanwaesberghe@imaware.be>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: experience with the AK73Pro, ... ???

Hi.

I presume you are meaning the ASUS A7Pro.

Well running the ASUS A7V on 3 FreeBSD 4.2 servers which is based
on the same design only that the A7V has ATA100.
If you can chip in some more cash and go for this motherboard, because
you will be able to use the maksimum of your IBM GXP75 .

The setup is the same you are wanting to use (Duron 800, 128 Mb,
IBM GXP75 45 Gb) and the boards runs perfectly.

The only problem I have had is with the harddrives that has been flawed
but I can only guess poor workmanship on this point. Be sure that you
have good warranty on you purchase for easy return if you are as unlucky
as me.

Remember that if you are planning to add more GXP harddrives, keep
in mind that the disk produce plenty of heat when its working at warp
speed.

I have heard that many would like to use a ABIT motherboard,
because of they mean its more stable but I think this is more of flavour
and choice than compatable with FreeBSD.

Cheers.

PeTe