Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:22:27 +0200
From:      ANTOINE Pierre <nunux@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AlphaServer 2100A Booting from Mini FreeBSD 4.5 ISO

Hi all,

Some banking company gave an AlphaServer 2100A to my school, and the
sysadmin ask me
to install a free OS on it. Debian can't boot. I've try Mini-Freebsd 4.5
ISO booting CD
from the SRM. The loader go fine to a shell ("press enter to boot or a
key to shell")
but without changing anything, the boot freeze with an error message
about identification
after that.

Is there any issue know with 2100A. Need I set a special option at the
shell or should I
use a special kernel version. In the last case, if someone can tell me
where I can find
such binary (I don't have any freebsd installed at this time, even on
i386) .

Thanks in advance for your help,
Best regards,

ANTOINE Pierre