Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 00:21:36 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: promissed outputs

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

> Ariel.zhestianka.de name lookup failure
> Ariel               name lookup failure
> localhost.zhestianka.de  resolved properly
>
> cvsup trouble as already said solved but in strange manner*as soon
> as i use g and L handles it suddenly can resolve all orderly*
> The question is :Is it an expected way?*as to me both of them *g and L*
> have very marginally to do with network communication but maybe I err
> myself
>
> What do you think about my host file?Is it messed?

What you've sent as attachment is not the file that is causing all
this trouble, I think. It looks like it is /etc/host.conf.
It is /etc/hosts you want to have a look at. It must have your
hostname plus IP in it, or you get this problem with cvsup. I know,
because I had it :-)

Good luck!

Marc

Marc Schneiders

marc@venster.nl
marc@oldserver.demon.nl

propro         	 12:18am  up   5 days,  12:04,  load average: 3.27 2.96 2.52