Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2001 01:21:24 +0300
From:      teo@gecadsoftware.com
To:        Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is mod_php4 broken in ports?

Hi Jim!
On Mon, 02 Jul 2001, Jim Freeze wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 teo@gecadsoftware.com wrote:
>
> > Hi Jim!
> >
> > this is one of those big and complex files of the Zend parser which eats up
> > a lot of memory
> > check how much { /tmp space u have, swap space u have} acording to your memory
> > it may fail because of that.
> >

> Here is a snapshot of top right before it fails.
>
> Mem: 22M Active, 12M Inact, 14M Wired, 3760K Cache, 14M Buf, 7428K Free
> Swap: 500M Total, 1924K Used, 498M Free
>
> I only have 64MB RAM, but I have 500MB swap, which should be enough.
>
> Right now /tmp is on /. .  du returns:
>
> Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
> /dev/ad0s1a    496111    29142   427281     6%    /
> /dev/ad0s1e  28099074  1778072 24073077     7%    /usr
> procfs              4        4        0   100%    /proc
>
> If I don't find a solution soon, I gonna be a full-time subscriber to the
> hair club for men. :)

:)

well, weird, weird.
once I had problems with cc1 friend, and guess what, it was because my CPU
was overclocked. I gave it some room (back some Hz) and the problems went
away. Also check the cooler, not to be stuck (because of too muck smoking
arround? :)

otherwise, just set core size to a non zero value and try to produce a core
dump, or hmm, try to compile it on a different machine running FreeBSD.

-- teodor