Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 16:21:52 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        David Bein <bein@world.std.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVS expansions of $FreeBSD$

David Bein wrote:

>   I am in the process of doing some serious upgrading on my 3.2 machine
> and am wondering what the magic hook is to get CVS/RCS to expand the
> $FreeBSD$ tokens properly when checking out newer sources (with cvs)
> which have these in them instead of the old $Id$/$Header$/etc.
>
>   I have pulled up to the 3.4 version of cvs and rcs, but I can
> not find anyplace other than some slightly cryptic setup in RCS
> which would possibly expand the list of tokens to expand.
>
>   I am assuming that something set in my environment or some
> undocumented switch to cvs might do the trick.
>
>   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It should just work with CVS, I'm not sure about RCS.  The important thing
for CVS is $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/options:

tag=FreeBSD=CVSHeader
tagexpand=iFreeBSD

I'm no CVS expert, but I think that's all you need.  I recall putting a
similar thing in my personal repository to see if it worked and I think
it did.  So, if your CVS tree is up to date it should work.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D