Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:10:54 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Barnaby Scott" <bds@waywood.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS Server and MS Windows

On Mon, June 19, 2006 9:17 pm, DSA - JCR wrote:
> Hi all
>

> I am mounting a NFS server (FreeBSD 6.1 "amd64") for a MS Windows Network
>  for a customer and I see that I can not see the NFS server from windows
> boxes.
>
> Must I install Samba for that? or anything in the MS Windows boxes?
> I thougth that Windows understand NFS but seems to be not.
>

> best regards and thanks in advance
>
> Juan Coruņa
> Desarrollo de Software Atlantico

I've never actually done this, but I read about it because it is something
I want to do, at least temporarily, as I migrate from Windows to FreeBSD.
(Ironically all the Microsft documentation on the subject assumes you are
migrating the other way!) However, I think you need to search Microsoft's
site, and look up how to install their 'Client for NFS' (or 'Gateway for
NFS' depending on your network)