Date:      Mon, 12 May 2008 22:35:31 +0400
From:      Anthony Pankov <ap00@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: BDB corrupt

So, can anyone make clear about BDB 1.86 (which is a part of base
system).

When
1. there is no need for SQL
2. processes are sharing db file in concurrent mode (key=>value pair)
3. reading/writing = 60%/40%

the first idea is to use BDB.

Because BDB:
1. do not need additional installation
2. is part of base system which mean it is mature, reliable and stable
(otherwise why BDB is still a part of FreeBSD?)

Discussion "Adding .db support to pkg_tools" reveal BDB ability to
corrupt data.

Can anyone suggest BDB alternative (not GPLed)?

--
Best regards,
 Anthony                            mailto:ap00@mail.ru