Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:56:22 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Seg Faults running Balsa, Pan, and Mozilla under latest GNOME, but KDE2.2 works fine

On 2001.10.04 11:26 j mckitrick wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 06:59:39PM -0700, John Merryweather Cooper
> wrote:
> | I don't know whether this is a kernel issue, a kernel/GNOME issue,
> or
> | just GNOME, but in the past week I've been experiencing rather
> common
> | Seg Faults running Balsa, Pan, and Mozilla.
>
> John, have you made any progress with this?
>

> jm
> --
> My other computer is your windows box.

With the latest kernel builds (this week), it seems to have gone away.
All that is left is an occasional crash caused by IE-style HTML that
barfs gtkhtml (it's failure mode appears to be to issue a seg fault and
die).  The Balsa tell me it's a well-known bug in gtkhtml.

--
jmc

MacroHard -- the perfection of form over
             substance, marketing over
             performance, and greed over
             design . . .