Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:00:08 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of NV drivers?

I've been looking around for a card with decent 3d to replace my
aging G200 and I've considered various NVidia cards.  The problem
is that all of the websites for FreeBSD on NV seem to have 3
common properties:

1. They apparently havn't been touched in months.
2. They claim 3D support "soon".
3. They have out of date or no actual code.  All the code I've found is
   for patching old (sometimes a couple of revisions) Linux drivers.

Patching the Linux drivers seems like a viable solution, but has this
project died or is there some other secret website/mailing list
somewhere
where activity still flourishes?

I've considered getting an ATI card instead, but I've been constantly
disappointed with their Windows drivers (this is a dual boot machine).
After being burned a few times I'm a little hesitant to go for the
ATI solution.