Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:36:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
To:        "freebsd-net" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   6rd and DNS (bind/nsd) on FreeBSD

Greetings,
 I manage a /29 at $home. While I manage _real_ IPv6 on many networks
at $work. I'm stuck with 6rd at $home. I don't much care for 6rd. It's
still pretty much 6to4. But it's all I have to work with, given the
CPE's limitations. So, as I'm new to it, I'm not quite sure _which_
address to advertise, and listen on, on the DNS.
eg; I'm told I have 6 6rd addresses:
2602:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:xxxx:xxxx
or
2602::xxxx:xxxx

but the address returned, has the IPv4 bits packed into it.
So which of the to addresses should be advertised in the zone files.
Should that address also be the one used to "listen" on?

Apologies for seemingly such a dimwitted question. But even
after reading RFC 5569, I'm still unclear.

Thank you.

--Chris