Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 1996 10:52:51 -0400
From:      Frank Chu <chu@ipoline.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   BSD Imcompatibility confirmed!

I recently get my hold on a FreeBSD2.1 and installed it over 10 times
on my computer, the problem is that it just won't load. The bootmanager
is ok, just the kernel won't load. I have put that HD loaded with BSD
into my friend's computer and booted successfully, therefore
it is confirmed that there is a problem with BSD. My computer's hardware
configuration is as follows:

*Award Bios dated 05/09/94 -no support for >528MB harddrive
*Promise EIDE 2300 Plus VESA controller -with a bios supporting LBA mode
AMD486 120 CPU
Quantum LPS270A(270MB)
Western Digital 540MB

 * is what I believe to be the source of problem, both harddrives won't
boot BSD, but will boot
on another computer.