Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:07:12 -0500
From:      "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko@verizon.net>
To:        Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WEP and 802.11 drivers

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 18:41 -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Sam Leffler wrote:
>
> > I've been able to reproduce some of the problems people are having.  Until I
> > can fix them please try building wlan and wlan_wep into your kernel so the
> > cipher module isn't loaded on the fly.  I believe that should eliminate the
> > double fault panic and various related traps.
>
> I didn't even have a chance to report this, but I was getting this
> problem with the ndis driver. Your fix worked, thanks for suggesting it.
>
> Doug

Since adding wlan_wep to the kernel config, I do not have traps and
double faults, but neither I have wireless connectivity -- card gets
configured and claims to associate, occasionally I even get as far as
obtaining address via DHCP, but that is all I can get. Intermittently I
get 'host is down' from ping. At that point, ifconfig would show
'status' as 'no carrier'.

I have observed this with both Prism2-based cards (using wi driver) and
Broadcom based with ndis wrapper. Presence or absence of WEP does not
seem to make a difference.

Since your E-mail sounded like work-in-progress, I was not sure whether
additional details are needed, however, if they are, please let me know
and I will be happy to furnish them.

--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)