Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 2002 17:59:57 +0200
From:      David Rufino <dr@soniq.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   binutils

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck compiling binutils 2.13 on FreeBSD.
I'm currently having a nightmare of a time creating a cross compiler for
sh-elf. The problem i'm having at the moment is it is insisting on using
its own libintl, which creates problems when trying to link against its
libbfd.a. Not only that, it doesnt install the library files, whereas previous
versions of binutils did. Further, if i attempt to run autoconf, i get these
errors:

> autoconf
aclocal.m4:39: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
autoconf/oldnames.m4:113: AM_PROG_INSTALL is expanded from...
aclocal.m4:39: the top level

My question is, is there any way to make binutils configure system behave
sanely ? (On linux it seems to work fine) Or has anyone done this already...

Thanks,
David