Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 03:50:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
To:        "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Portslave for FreeBSD !

> > > Is there any patch or ported package for FreeBSD to get portslave for Linux
> > > worked under FreeBSD ?
> > > I mean the http://www.linuxrouter.org/portslave for FreeBSD !
> >
> > As the name suggests this is a mini Linux distribution, and hence not
> > suitable for a FreeBSD port.
> >
> If you follow the link, you will see: Portslave RADIUS client

ppp(8) has some (very) basic support for RADIUS in the stock system...
I'm using it with the Cistron RADIUS server with a good deal of success.

Unfortunately, it seems that ppp is fairly limited as to what it can do
with RADIUS responses -- basic username/passwd checking and setting IP
addresses, maybe a couple other things.  I have been doing a lot of work
on my test system to put in some of the more "useful" things in there -
accounting, logging, per-user session config changes, etc.

A quick look found /usr/lib/pam_radius.so - seems that any program that
supports PAM in the base system should be able to react to RADIUS

What portslave features in particular are you looking for?

--mike

(This really should go to -net(?) if we're gonna go any deeper into this
discussion.)