Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 1996 18:33:16 -0400
From:      Howard Goldstein <hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CPU ident? (Mhz != \xx)

A softball for those who know these things: Do any of these
identification strings indicate that I've purchased somethign other
than Pentium 133 that I've paid for?

Aug 11 18:22:08 cally /kernel: CPU: 133-MHz Pentium 735\90 or 815\100
 (Pentium-class CPU)
Aug 11 18:22:08 cally /kernel:   Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x52c
 Stepping=12
Aug 11 18:22:09 cally /kernel: Features=0x1bf<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,MCE,CX8>

Does that stepping # indicate I may as well forget about trying to
overclock it at 2.5 and x3? (I've tried, it ignores the x3 column :(

---
To those who've followed my earlier note it appears the motherboard
I'm using, a Shuttle Spacewalker, is notoriously unable to support EDO
if it isn't Micron's EDO [and maybe TI].  So back it goes, hopefully I
can get some parity in here and just forget about the bad experience.