Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:33:17 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        kai@khaberz.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linksys WPC11 freezes laptop

In message: <7xd6jgt7pd.fsf@zaphod.khaberz.net>
            Kai Haberzettl <kai@khaberz.net> writes:
: Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
:
: >> A few seconds after inserting the card, the system freezes
: >> completely, requiring a reset. No messages in the log after reboot.
: >>
: >> If I boot with the card inserted, the Laptop will hang during boot
: >> shortly after the card is detected.
:
: > Looks like you MIGHT have an IRQ conflict here.  I note you get IRQ5,
: > which is, usually,
: > a SOUND card IRQ.
: >
: > You might see if you can force it someplace else.
:
: Yep. Looks like you're right. I used IRQ 3, which is normally occupied
: by the regular NIC and it works. Thanks!
:
: Strangely enough, I can't seem to get any other IRQ to work. I tried
: 9,10,11,15. None worked. Is there a way to check which IRQs are free?

Any reason you aren't using PCI interrupts?

Warner