Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 23:42:12 +0200 (EET)
From:      Taavi Talvik <taavi@uninet.ee>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current hangs in reboot

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Nate Lawson wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Taavi Talvik wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Taavi Talvik wrote:
> > > Current as of yesterday (actually problem presist about
> > > month) hangs on reboot.
> > >
> > > Only message:
> > >
> > > Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `vnlru' to stop...stopped
> >
> > Turning off ACPI makes it reboot. Thanks for suggestion Gerrit!
> >
> > But how is ACPI related to problem? Why rebooting hangs between
> > stoping `vnlru' and `bufdaemon' in ACPI case?
>
> The next message you'd see if it was working is "Stopping ACPI".  So acpi
> shutdown is probably what is hanging.

No, Stopping ACPI appears normally only after stoping 'syncer' also. But
in my situation hang happens between 'vnlru' and 'bufdaemon'.

If console output is not buffered, what happens that last two prompts are
not diapleyed? Any hints how I can futher debug it?

Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `vnlru' to stop...stopped
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `bufdaemon' to stop...stopped
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `syncer' to stop...stopped

syncing disks, buffers remaining... 2 2
done
Uptime: 9m6s

best regards,