Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 2003 15:36:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@dalai-zebu.org>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: vmware3 tips and observations

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Jean-Marc Zucconi wrote:
> Mine works but the licence file seems to be called "license.ws.3.0"
> I have it in ~/.vmware AND in /usr/local/lib/vmware/lib/licenses/user/
> I don't know which one is really required.

i think it reads both...  and will work if it finds one in either place.
the odd thing is, i've got my SN...  with no license file (fresh
install)...  and when i go to "enter my serial number" i just get a
message saying "no license exists".  no kidding...  so how can i create
one if the tool used to create the license won't run without a license?

i've got to be missing something, otherwise this just seems like a huge
chicken and egg scenario.  it seems i can't even generate the
license.ws.3.0 file without already having a license.

?

figured i'd be the only one having this problem -- i didn't even want to
install the stupid thing.  company politics.  (i.e. internal idiots
insisting on using ticketing systems that only work with IE.)

everything windows related -- even emulating it -- turns out to be a huge
PITA.

-mrh

From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher@adept.org>
To: spam-catcher@adept.org
Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
you will be added to a blacklist!