Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:33:41 +0100 (CET)
From:      Martin Dieringer <martin.dieringer@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   any network? disabling pccard cardbus or cbb?

Hi,

on a Thinkpad 600X I am trying several network pccards with
6.0 (PCBSD actually, tried own STABLE kernel too), all without
success:

1. 3com 575 (cardbus, xl)
   --> xl0 watchdog timeout

2. 3com 574 (pccard, ep)
3. 3com 589D/E (")
   --> recognized when in the machine an startup.
       But throughput is very low, intermittent

4. Xircom Creditcard Ethernet 10/100 (pccard, xe)
    --> watchdog timeout

Is there a way to make any of these cards working?

I tried to disable cardbus/cbb if that would help, but
'hint.cardbus.0.disabled="1"' in device.hints has no effect
whatsoever.

thanks
martin